Terms and conditions
Welcome to our Site. These are our Terms & Conditions for use of the Site which you may access in several ways, including but not limited to the web, PDAs, mobile phones and RSS feeds. These Terms & Conditions apply whenever you access the Site, regardless of how you access the Site.
Use of this site
1. News Digital Media Pty Limited (News) is the owner and operator of this Site.
2. Users of this Site (Users) agree to be bound by these Terms & Conditions, which are subject to change at News' sole discretion. Your use of and access to this Site indicates your acceptance of these Terms & Conditions, as they exist at that time.
3. All intellectual property in relation to content on this Site belongs to News or its licensors, advertisers or affiliates. You obtain no interest in that intellectual property. All content on this Site is protected by Australian and international copyright and other intellectual property laws. You may not do anything which interferes with or breaches those laws or the intellectual property rights in the content.
5. The logos of the News' sites and the newspaper mastheads on the News sites are registered trademarks of News or its related bodies corporate. Other trademarks may be displayed on the Site from time to time. These may belong to third parties. Nothing displayed on the Site should be construed as granting any license or right of use of any logo, trademark or masthead displayed on the Site, without the express written permission of the relevant owner.
Liability & Indemnity
6. News does not warrant the accuracy of the content on the Site. The content is provided to you "as is" and on an "as available" basis and on the condition that you undertake all responsibility for assessing the accuracy of the content and rely on it at your own risk. All content on the Site may be changed at News' sole discretion and without notice.
7. News will have no responsibility or liability in relation to any loss or damage that you incur, including damage to your software or hardware, arising from your use of or access to this Site.
8. News does not warrant that functions contained in the Site content, such as hyperlinks, will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected or that News or the server that makes it available, are free of viruses or bugs.
9. To the extent permitted by law, all other representations, conditions or warranties, whether based in statute, common law or otherwise are excluded. Liability of News, for any breach of a term or condition implied by law is limited at News' discretion, to the supply of any service again or the payment for the cost of having any service supplied again.
10. You indemnify News and its affiliated companies, and each of their directors, officers, employees and agents against any action, claim, loss or expense which it incurs which arises from your use of the Site.
Third Party Content & Links
11. This site may include third party content which is subject to that third party's terms and conditions of use. Nothing on this Site should be construed as granting any license or right for you to use that content.
12. This site may include links to third party sites which are not related to News and in relation to which News has no control or interest. The appearance of those links on this site does not indicate any relationship between News and that third party or any endorsement by News of that third party, its site or the products or services which it is advertising on this Site.
13. When you submit content to News in any format, including any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio, you grant News a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual license to publish that content.
14. You agree that News can use that content in any way, now and in the future. News also reserves the right not to use the content you submit.
15. You warrant that you have all of the necessary rights, including copyright, in the content you contribute, that your content is not defamatory and that it does not infringe any law.
16. You indemnify News against any and all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by News as a result of a breach of the above warranty.
17. You waive any moral rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and publication on the Site.
18. These Terms & Condition shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of New South Wales.
19. Users will not use this site for any purpose or in any way which is unlawful.
Read all about it
Up to the minute Twitter chatter
The latest and greatest
Good morning Punchers. After four years of excellent fun and great conversation, this is the final post…
I have had some close calls, one that involved what looked to me like an AK47 pointed my way, followed…
In a world in which there are still people who subscribe to the vile notion that certain victims of sexual…