Twelve months ago today I released a video blog warning of the dangers of the Home Insulation Program.
Back then, Peter Garrett’s office had been denying a link between his program and house fires. Astonishing to believe, given the some 200 fires we have now. It was when there had been only one tragic loss of a young installer. Three more would follow.
But by then, the avalanche of problems of safety hazards, rorting and waste were being made very clear to my office. Which is why, 12 months ago, I warned in the video: “You also have a risk of fires … Pink batts on down-lights equal fires …you have the risk of electrocution for people who aren’t trained … There are risks of further tragedies.”
Latest 2 of 59 commentsView all comments
Read all about it
Up to the minute Twitter chatter
Australia. Where you die for your country and get a rest area named after you http://t.co/hO6LpfwDvI
The latest and greatest
Good morning Punchers. After four years of excellent fun and great conversation, this is the final post…
I have had some close calls, one that involved what looked to me like an AK47 pointed my way, followed…
In a world in which there are still people who subscribe to the vile notion that certain victims of sexual…