Punch list: Another 25 top reads, New Year’s Eve edition
Goodbye 2010, hello 2011.
And what better way to toast the year goodbye than flicking through a collection of some of the best Punch articles we’ve posted on the site this year.
So, in no particular order ....
1. Paul Toohey: The songs remain the same: the best lyrics of all time
2. David Penberthy: Labor’s rail blueprint, all aboard the Bullshit Express
3. Anthony Sharwood: Summer of Shane
4. Tory Shepherd: What would Mary do? Tips from a hometown hero
5. David Penberthy: Day one of democracy’s new dawn: Oakeshott gets lunch
6. Paul Colgan: Rooty Hill summit, more of these please
7. David Koch: Ratbag kids aren’t teaching themselves how to act up
8. Tory Maguire: Big Australia: where the bloody hell do we put them?
9. Josie Gagliano: Choosing a baby’s sex, the next great leap for parents
10. Brett Rutledge: Want to be happy? Oprah holds the key
11. Kevin Andrews: A brief history of crashes at the Tour de France
12.Leigh Sales: Well readhead: take a look at my bookshelf
13. Chris Deal: I hate bad writers with a fiery passion in my heart
14. David Penberthy:There’s nothing wrong with the Aussie bogan slogan
15. Paul Colgan: Zen and Ricky Pointing’s art of moral maintenance
16. Mick Neven:AFL Grand Final, the ultimate bloke’s leave pass
17. Rebekah Devlin: The next Cousins instalment better include some remorse
18. Leo Shanahan: The Punch answers questions of confused MPs
19. Josephine Asher: Confessions of a young anti-feminist
20. Alex Carlton: Big breasts are back
21. Anthony Sharwood: RIP Australian cricket
22. Lucy Kippist: Men don’t need a hammer to make women happy
23. Paul Colgan: Politicians have licence to tell some lies
24. Jason Tin: The DJs case wrote fear into the hearts of young men
25. Robert Burton-Bradley: The hipster has no clothes
Read all about it
Up to the minute Twitter chatter
Google is planning to build a wireless network to reach a billion people http://t.co/e972OOc2FT ... NBN implications?
@joekiely just beat the crus. No sweat eh?
The latest and greatest
Good morning Punchers. After four years of excellent fun and great conversation, this is the final post…
I have had some close calls, one that involved what looked to me like an AK47 pointed my way, followed…
In a world in which there are still people who subscribe to the vile notion that certain victims of sexual…