Patrick Swayze’s greatest movie moments
I cried watching Ghost. But then I cried at the end of Platoon, so maybe I’m not the best judge of a movie’s weep-inducing capabilities.
“Ditto,” though, is surely one of the great one-word one-liners. Patrick Swayze‘s character in Ghost, Sam, couldn’t bring himself to tell Molly he loved her, and used the phrase whenever she said “I love you.”
It’s at the top of our list of the most memorable quotes from Swayze, who has died of cancer. He was 57. We’re looking for your input to build the list so add your suggestions and discuss your favourite Swayze moments in the comments.
Top Patrick Swayze Movie Quotes
1. “Ditto” (Sam, Ghost). Absolutely has to make the list of best one-liners of all time.
2. “Look, spaghetti arms. This is my dance space. This is your dance space. I don’t go into yours, you don’t go into mine. You gotta hold the frame” (Johnny Castle, Dirty Dancing). Colourful, concise.
3. “Pain don’t hurt.” (Dalton, Roadhouse). The tough Swayze.
4. “Nobody puts baby in a corner” (Johnny, Dirty Dancing). See the crowd reaction to the video at the top of this post.
5. “If you want the ultimate, you gotta be willing to pay the ultimate price” (Bodhi, Point Break). There are many quotes that could have made it from Point Break, but this makes the grade because of the way his hair moves mid-quote. (Skip forward to see it at 1m 03s in this clip.)
Add your memories and favourite quotes below.
Read all about it
Up to the minute Twitter chatter
The latest and greatest
Good morning Punchers. After four years of excellent fun and great conversation, this is the final post…
I have had some close calls, one that involved what looked to me like an AK47 pointed my way, followed…
In a world in which there are still people who subscribe to the vile notion that certain victims of sexual…