Every single day for the past 3 years I have thought to myself, ‘I need to lose weight.’ That’s not an exaggeration. In fact I have thought it twice a day for the past 3 years.

Maybe one of these might help? Pic: File

For the record, I’m a size 12 woman, and I weigh, dare I say it, 66 kilograms. For the past 3 years I have trained with a personal trainer twice a week and played netball twice a week.

During the week I eat all the right things, on the weekend I might splurge and eat MacDonald’s and then feel extremely guilty afterwards. I’m fit, and I’m healthy. But my desire to lose weight is not to be healthy. I want to be thin. Really thin. And I don’t think I’m alone.

According to the Victorian government’s Better Health Channel 45 per cent of women and 23 per cent of men in the healthy weight range think they are overweight.

I have had countless conversations with friends, family, colleagues about the best way to ‘lose weight’. I’ve never had a conversation about the best way to be healthy.

The disturbing thing is I don’t think I’m alone. Almost everyone reading this would have tried, or know someone who has tried a fad diet. Australians spend up to one million dollars a day on fad diets that have little effect on their weight, and according to the Better Health channel, most of us will regain one to two-thirds of the weight lost — even if we remain on a weight loss program, it’s likely that you will regain one to two-thirds of your weight within one year. Lets face it, in most cases, diets don’t work.

But it doesn’t stop there. Women who diet frequently continue on their mission to lose weight through binge eating, purging food and over exercising. Failed attempts at dieting can — at the extreme — lead to depression and eating disorders such as anorexia nervosa or bulimia.

After my own failed attempts at dieting, I complained to a friend one day who suggested something that he promised would work: Clenbuterol

Sure Clenbuterol sounds like something you use to unblock sinks and get stubborn stains off coffee pots, but when I was told about it my eyes lit up.

I was told I could take it for 2 weeks and that during this time it would enhance my metabolism. As long as I was training, I would shed all the fat from my body.

I was thrilled at the thought. A 2-week miracle cure! It must be too good to be true.

And it was.

I Googled it and discovered that it’s illegal. This explains why everyone is not doing it. Yet, still considering it, I read on, ‘Some of the long-term side effects can include heart arrhythmia, heart damage, and heart failure.’

The thing that disappoints me is that I still considered it. Desperate. Absolutely desperate to be thin that I would consider not only breaking the law, but also potentially dying for it.

Why was I so desperate? One answer is self esteem.

People want to feel good about themselves and part of that is being proud of their body; to feel like the gorgeous girl in her bikini’s on the front cover of Cosmopolitan magazine; to feel good like the winner of the Biggest Loser who has lost half their body weight in less than 6 months.

I decided not to take Clenbuterol in the end. I don’t think it will do much for my self-esteem. Instead, I’m going to continue to exercise, eat healthily and thinking everyday good thoughts about my body rather than hating it. It’s easier said than done, but I know one thing for sure I will never die, to be thin.

• KH says:

08:15am | 30/08/10

Unfortunately, some people will resort to desperate measures to attain the ‘success’ that thin means, particularly for women.
      Personally, I wouldn’t take any pills, or go on some silly ‘liquid only’ diet. These things don’t work, because they are unnatural eating regimes, that you just can’t maintain for any great length of time.  You learn nothing about living in the real world with real food.  The first mistake most people make is going on a ‘diet’ in the first place.  Changing your weight in the long term means changing your eating habits.  Habits that took you a lifetime to build are not going to be broken on a 3 month ‘diet’.  The second mistake is thinking that fast weight loss is a good thing.  It isn’t - slow and steady wins the race, as they say.  Over the time it takes you to lose the weight, your mind is adjusting to new habits.

Some people don’t have the will power to accept this.  They want it now, like everything else.  I don’t think the Biggest Loser contestants will keep the weight off in the long term, unless they literally make a career change that means lurking around a gym all day.  Too much way too fast,and in an artificial environment - not exactly a recipe for success.

I used to drink coke, eat fatty foods etc.  Changing those habits has taken me years - I lost over 20 kgs at weight watchers 6 years ago, and it took me 8 months to do it, including a plateau that lasted 6 weeks.  I have maintained this weight through constant vigilance and ‘maintenance’.  These days I don’t have to think about it too much - many things have become my new habits.  I weigh myself once a week and haven’t strayed more than 2kgs off course - as soon as it goes up 1 or 2 kgs, I drop ‘points’ to get back to goal.  I haven’t put it back on, because I realised that a ‘diet’ doesn’t work.  You have to change your life.  And that is forever, not just a few weeks.  You can start by losing the Maccas - I wouldn’t set foot in that place…...... wink

• JIM says:

08:17am | 30/08/10

There is a simple way to be healthy - Crossfit.  If you want to see some amazingly healthy people go to a Crossfit gym.  It will open your eyes to the fallacy of conventional wisdom when it come to excercise, eating and lifestyle.  They exist in most cities (normally in industrial areas) and it is where the people go that dont have huge amounts of time but really want to make it count.  I started attending one late last year - changes my life.

• AliceC says:

08:48am | 30/08/10

I agree. I reached 67 kgs (and I’m 165cm), and I desperately want to loose at keast 5 kgs. The main reason was the discovery that fat around your abdomen is quite unhealthy (plus I don’t like that jiggling feeling when I walk).

Yes, the main reason I was to loose weight is to be thin, I don’t deny that. But there is also a health concern, and I certainly don’t want to be causing unnecessary damage to my body if I can avoid it.

My main gripe is exercise, I don’t like it and I don’t want to waste my time doing it. When I do exercise, it’s a count down to when I finish and I don’t enjoy it at all.

• KH says:

09:08am | 30/08/10

Even walking?!  Thats all I did - I refuse to go to a gym.  I hate the places, and like you, I watch the clock to see how soon I can leave.  Walking is free.  Get a pedometer - it really does help inspire you to add more steps.  I simply started walking to the station and back instead of the tram going to work….....that was 30 mins of exercise a day, and I barely had to change my routine.  Get yourself a camera and make an adventure out of it!

• Battered Sav says:

10:34am | 30/08/10

If you can’t handle exercise then maybe being thin isn’t for you.

• Lauren says:

12:23pm | 30/08/10

No one likes exercise when they start.
      It’s one of those things you learn to love.

• Shifter says:

01:29pm | 30/08/10

@Lauren: or you do something that’s fun as opposed to something that’s tedious and you want to get over with. Variety is also a big key as well, the same thing always gets boring, unless you’re an accountant or something similar wink

I’d much prefer to be out on my bike for 3 hours rather than locked into a gym for 30 minutes. Plus to change it up all I need to do is take a different path.

• Medicofit says:

09:13am | 30/08/10

If your only intense exercise (and I would not describe netball as intense exercise - more like piggy-in-the-middle with hoops) is 4 times per week then that is why you’re not seeing the results you want.

Real exercise needs to be daily and for at least an hour. The intensity should vary depending on ability. I do an hour of intense cardio (running + crosstraining) 6 days per week and then an hour of weights/resistance training. The 7th day is walking and generally just being active.

My diet is also very trim.

I have had all possible tests done on cholesterol, blood pressure, body fat, stress etc etc and they all come back in the ‘perfect’ range for a mid-30s male (which I am).

If you want ti find out whether you are healthy then you should aim to be able to run 2.4km in 10 minutes. That is the standard for good health (but it’s only one indicator - you should be monitoring all indicators as I described in my last para).

• Hermano says:

09:46am | 30/08/10

You didn’t read the article:  netball twice a week, personal trainer twice a week.
      Frankly, you sound like a gym junkie.  I hate gyms, but I love bikes.  Commute 3 times a week, 62km round trip.  Eat sensibly, but not fanatically.
      Constantly monitoring all of those indicators sounds like chore.

• Old Man Shuffling says:

09:48am | 30/08/10

@Medicofit - Should be able to run 2.4km in 10 minutes???  bit harsh, maybe for a mid thirties fit male, but at your age and amount of training you should be pushing yourself a bit harder than 2.4k in 10 minutes, thats not even sub 40mins 10k pace, get your finger out and put some effort in.

• Carl says:

10:12am | 30/08/10

‘Real’ exercise doesn’t have to be for an hour or daily. I’ve lost 16 kg by simply watching what I eat and exercising three or four times a week for no longer than 45 minutes.

The truth is Medicofit, not everyone can replicate your suggested routine in today’s modern lifestyle. Generally we should all be exercising more but it doesn’t have to be ‘intense’. Walking, jogging and netball is great.

• T.Chong says:

10:20am | 30/08/10

Are you really Steve Austin, or Bob Downe. ?

• Saint says:

10:27am | 30/08/10

Medicofit - your regime is incredibly impressive but completely unrealistic and I think completely over the top for anyone who isn’t an elite athlete.

Unfortunately, it’s regimes like that, that turn most people off exercise. I am 38, go to gym for 45 minutes to an hour three times a week, walk everywhere instead of driving/tramming and follow a sensible eating plan of 6 small meals a day with the right balance of protein and carbs without being pedantic about it.

I have also had all the tests and and was told I am a textbook case of heart disease prevention and in excellent health.

No doubt you have an amazing physique as a result of all your hard work and kudos to you, but I think more people would embrace healthy eating and exercise if it seemed more accessible and doable than what you describe above

• Medicofit says:

10:34am | 30/08/10

@Carl
      For your regime to work you must have been severely overweight. I can guarantee you that the last 10 or so kilos will not come off so easily and you will be required to lift the intensity.

Anyone can do what I do. I get up at 5am 4 days per week and put in a good schedule on the weekend. People need to stop making excuses for themselves.

@ T Chong
      I look more like a leaner version of Steve Austin. Big but not huge.

• Hermano says:

11:02am | 30/08/10

I say it sounds unsustainable.  I agree that people love making excuses as to why they don’t exercise.  Rather than trying to shove all of this gym stuff and strenuous running etc, it could be better to alter your lifestyle so it’s less sedentary.  Ride to the shops, walk to the station, walk the dog, mow the lawn.  And eat less.
      Despite Medicofit’s protestations, the sort of regimen he adheres to really seems a bit over-the-top for the average person.

• Medicofit says:

02:20pm | 30/08/10

@Hermano
      I did read the article. See my first para where I mentioned her 4 times per week.

I’ve been doing my current training regime for about 10 years now - thus since my mid-twenties. It is completely sustainable and all people are abale to do it. People that make excuses for themselves are just lazy.

ANd yes, I am one of those people that walk everywhere. I don’t own a car so I am forced to walk to buy my groceries and get to work.

• Hermano says:

03:23pm | 30/08/10

Ah, indeed you did. I misread your statement to mean “netball four times a week”.
      Nevertheless, I still think the amount you exercise is a little extreme, but then you probably think that I’m a fat, lazy slob.  I guess we’ll have to agree to disagree.

• Vicki PS says:

05:56pm | 30/08/10

@Medicofit:  If that’s your definition of fitness, I say stuff it.  I am neither narcissistic or obsessive-compulsive, and have many more interesting things to do for two hours a day.  I’m perfectly happy to stay fat and unfit.

• Patrick says:

08:29am | 31/08/10

You gotta’ remember, to Medicofit, he’s been doin’ this for 10 years, hopefully going that bit further each time etc, and you learn to love it after a while, so that’s why he says “everyone should do it” etc, because to him, it ain’t much.

Me though, I reckon tennis or squash is the best way to get fit, and have a lot of fun too, way better than boring running / weights / gym crap.

• Elphaba says:

09:37am | 30/08/10

When I look at all the things I would have to cut out of my diet in order to defy genetics and be really thin (instead of just average), it would just make me an extremely unpleasant person to be around.

Viva la food moderation and regular exercise, and *f *off to anyone who thinks stick insect is the only definition of hot.

• Shifter says:

01:33pm | 30/08/10

Curves baby yeah!

• Hermano says:

03:18pm | 30/08/10

I’m with Shifter.

• Elphaba says:

03:20pm | 30/08/10

Cheers Shifter. wink

• Shifter says:

05:27pm | 30/08/10

I’m also quite partial to green skin…

• Elphaba says:

09:46am | 31/08/10

Green is definitely my colour… wink

• Saint says:

10:22am | 30/08/10

You should do Bodytrim. It’s not a diet, it just teaches you how to eat properlty to drive your metabolism and it’s incredibly easy. I am a 38 year old man and weighed 80kg - go to the gym three times a week but started to develop a bit of a belly and couldn’t shift it. Started Bodytrim and lost 10kg in about 10 weeks and my weight has now settled at 70kg which is just right. Now on the maintenance program and I swear by it.

• Lee says:

10:28am | 30/08/10

Why not shift all that effort you currently direct towards beating yourself up for not conforming to the media stereotype into something more productive. You could volunteer at a women’s shelter or help serve breakfast to kids who don’t get enough to eat or teach English to newly arrived migrants. Seriously, Jenna, break the self-hate habit before it’s too late. Nobody but you gives a jot what size you are.

• Cuddles says:

10:32am | 30/08/10

Exercise, schmeckersize! This is for those who are so self indulgent that the only time they spend is on themselves. Go home & cuddle your “loved” ones - that is if you have any other than yourselves.

I have found that the majority of people who exercise end up telling everyone about it;. It is THE topic of conversation for them. They are obsessed & highly critical of anyone who does have a punishing regime. It is THE sole thought in their waking day.

Here’s a thought: get out - find some friends - have a wine or two - and eat something so delicious that you can’t stop talking about it. Then go home & love your kids. Or maybe having kids will ruin your body?

• Cuddles says:

11:14am | 30/08/10

“They are obsessed & highly critical of anyone who does NOT have a punishing regime. It is THE sole thought in their waking day.”

Sorry - just fed up with these incredibly vain fanatics.

• JIM says:

11:52am | 30/08/10

there is a middle ground.  While Medicofit clearly spend a lot of time on excercise, based on what he is saying it is old school and very counter productive.  You look at some of the fitest people on the planet and they do less than 5 hours a week excercise.  You just have to know what you are doing, which means moving beyond the conventional cardio based workouts.

Unfortunatley there are so many businesses that rely on vanity and misinformation that most people dont know where to turn.  And they end up a cardio junkie (read unhealthy) or giving up.

• Battered Sav says:

04:33pm | 30/08/10

Ergh, hedonistic foodies. Is there a more thinly veiled form of laziness?

Overweight? Act like you meant it. Genius.

• Chloe says:

10:47am | 30/08/10

Every time I look at my little 4 year old niece, in all her innocence and splendour, I wonder what kind of relationship she will have with her body. Mine personally, has been a bit of roller coaster affair.  I believe it is taught and thrust upon both little girls and boys, practically the moment they leave the womb, that there is an ‘ideal’ body shape, or an ‘admirable’ or ‘desired’ physique. And persons who share these physical characteristics are the ‘alphas’ in our Western society, people who form the “colour” in our world.
      In regards to blame, I feel it is a combined effort. Yes the media is partially to blame with its constant bombardment of what it means, superficially, to be “beautiful”. But perhaps some of the blame is also a little closer to home. Growing up in a family of predominantly females, I never heard them utter the statement “my body is beautiful”, instead it was “I feel/look fat”, and there was constant chatter about the latest diet, or other insane weight loss craze. Perhaps we should instead focus on demonstrating a positive relationship with our bodies, leading by example for our children and future generations. Respecting our bodies and eating healthily. And exercising responsibly.
      After all, the relationship we have with our bodies is possibly the most important. As it is the only body we will ever have.

• Eleanor says:

10:57am | 30/08/10

I’ve been there on the extreme diets and hardcore exercise. Yes, I lost weight, but I wasn’t happy. I’ve realised since that it’s ok for my body to be a little cuddly. As long as I eat right, still get exercise, my body will still be healthy. The doctor says I’m healthy, I have low blood pressure and cholesterol and a healthy cardiovascular system and am within my healthy weight range - what else do I need? What else can I ask for? I’m thankful my legs and arms are strong, that I have healty bones and teeth, and that I have a little bit of fat in reserve in case I come down with a bad sickness.

• fehowarth says:

11:50am | 30/08/10

I do not want to be thin.  I just do not want to be fat.

• Macca says:

12:55pm | 30/08/10

Its not my fault, I just really like Beer

Actually, I lost 15 kgs last year by cutting out all softdrinks / sweets etc. and eating crapload of veggies and fruit each day. And by crapload, I mean I barely reach the Recommended Daily Intake.

Also try to run for half an hour most days, an activity which I really don’t enjoy. But I always feel much better about myself after I’ve finished my run. I’m just average, but eating healthily and exercising regularly should be enough to make you feel healthy and happy

• Caitlin says:

02:02pm | 30/08/10

66 kg?  Can’t you find something more worthwhile to worry about? Sheesh!!  I’m desperately overweight and trying hard (by calorie counting and exercise) to get back within an acceptable weight range.  I have some medical issues that make it difficult to do this quickly (including medication known to cause weight gain).

• LozfromOz says:

11:19am | 13/08/11

This is the problem with body image Caitlin- you don’t have to actually be overweight to feel bad about yourself, and as a ‘healthy weight’ person myself who always feels horribly fat, I know exactly what it’s like to have someone who is overweight have a go at me about me being worried about my weight. It would be nice if we could all feel good about ourselves, but many of us don’t. No-one needs to be attacked for that, whether they are overweight or thin.

• Greedy Guts says:

02:37pm | 30/08/10

I am an extreme eater and will keep scoffing until I have had my 15 minutes of fame, when i need to go to hospital and a crane comes to take me out of the window of my 2nd floor apartment for a hospital appointment.  I’ll make domestic and international news programs no problem.

• Hermano says:

03:19pm | 30/08/10

I approve of your plan of action.

• Elphaba says:

03:29pm | 30/08/10

Women can make money out of stuffing their face in front of a webcam, surely men can too?

• neil says:

03:19pm | 30/08/10

“According to the Victorian government’s Better Health Channel 45 per cent of women and 23 per cent of men in the healthy weight range think they are overweight”.

Jenna,  how tall are you?

66 kg at the average female height of 162 cm you’d have a BMI of 25, on the top end of the healthy 19~25 range, at 170 cm you would be in the middle at 22.

Put into perspective, cat walk models are usually around 17, swimsuit/glamour models around 20~22.

• invirtigo says:

05:41pm | 30/08/10

Fat metabolisers are the go, have them in the morning and in the evening prior to bed. I do not attend a gym per say apart from a little swimming in summer, however I do use stretch bands daily to do arm curls tummy stretches and a few other things to get definition in my arms and chest. And im forever on my fit ball, try this instead of the couch you will find it forces you to sit correctly which in-fact gives the abs a complete work out when considering you may sit on it for maybe an hour or two each day, that or whilst sitting on the pc rather than a chair….

• thequeenofcastile says:

07:06pm | 30/08/10

I think you need to choose between being happy or being thin. I too once had this obsession with eating healthy, no soft drink, no sugar, no fat, no salt, no sanity. I felt extremely unhappy at all the yummy food that I was denying myself and finally came to the conclusion that I was happier when I was not worried about how much or what food I was eating. I chose happiness, though I am a little overweight, I am healthy. I am by no means fit however; having had a condition which prevented me from doing any exercise and only just had the operation to correct it, it is taking a long time getting back into the exercise habit.

• Pavlo says:

07:26pm | 30/08/10

Shock horror! 66kg and a size 12? Unless you’re 1 inch tall and 5 foot wide you’re probably in a healthy weight range. In fact, one man’s point of view – I prefer women who are curvy, rather than bony and thin. I think a size 12, 14 or 16+ woman can be very attractive.  I could think of not many more unsensuous experiences than cuddling up to an unfeminine bag of bones.

If all else fails for you and you really want to lose weight (so you can look like a walking skeleton) I’m going to reveal a weight-loss secret handed down to me from my great-great-great-great granma. If you do just this ONE THING you will definitely lose weight. Guaranteed. Send no money now! Are you ready for this ancient weight loss secret? Here it is: EAT LESS.

p.s. Tongue out of cheek now. Seek help, I think it’s more important to work on your mind and get to the bottom of your deep need to be thin.

• amba says:

07:59pm | 30/08/10

i am on the opposite end of the scale. height is around 156cm weight around 43kilos. Usually, when im hungry, ill eat something, but there are days there, where i just wont want to eat, ill try to force myself to eat something, anything but nothing is appealing. ive been to a nutritionalist to ‘teach’ me how to eat properly in order to gain some weight, but coming from my history of not eating it was hard to keep up. My partner constantly tells me hes worried about me not eating but because he works odd hours we dont eat together he doesnt see if i do or dont eat. Putting weight on is just as hard for some of us as keeping it off is for others. Its just not mentioned as much.

• Mistress D says:

08:02am | 31/08/10

I hear you there Amba!

An interesting doco on SBS was called “Why aren’t thin people fat?” (or something along those lines) it basically said that our bodies get used to being a certain size.  So if you’re a size 20, your body will try and get you to eat enough to power that sort of a large frame. Same with if you’re a size 6, it won’t require as much from you.  Both are unhealthy sizes for the majority of us.

• Mistress D says:

08:51am | 31/08/10

Jenna, you want to be thin about as much as girls with naturally straight hair want it to be curly. You want it because it’s different from what you’ve got and we always think what we don’t have, must be better than what we do have.

I’m not thin but I have been (unhealthy weight of 44 kgs at 156 cm). When you get sick, it hits you a lot harder, you go from maybe being just svelte to skeletal. Finding clothes is a nightmare and I can tell you right now bikini’s were not meant for thin girls. Worse than that, and I still encounter it as a petite woman (now floating between the 50-55kgs), is that people think they can comment on everything about your body. The comments I’ve gotten, from otherwise very nice people-

“You’ve got the body of a 12 year old” (I’m in my mid 20’s….thanks) “One day you might have a real woman’s body” (So, I can legally drink but I’m not a grown up until I’m a certain ‘size’) “You call THOSE breasts?”(Yes, they’re not much but they’re mine)  “You’re eating a salad? Are you crazy?” (I drowned it in olive oil, does that help?)  “Why are YOU bothering to go to the gym?” (Same reason as you, to laugh at the guys flexing in the mirrors) “Of course it looks good on YOU, YOU can wear anything” (Oh and here I was thinking it was my awesome fashion sense) “Well we can’t all be built like a stick” (Proving time and time again that the amount of feelings someone has is directly proportionate to their size, right?)

I’d kill to be a size 12, to have DD’s and an arse that can be properly grabbed onto. But it’s never going to happen for me and if it did, I doubt I’d feel any better about myself. I’d just be a bigger version of self loathing. Better to love what you’ve got.

• Amba says:

11:25pm | 31/08/10

oh dont forget the ‘you MUST be anorexic / bulemic’ or ‘do you eat?’ sure, if i feel like eating and no i dont hurl it afterwards, i have ALWAYS been skinny, and even as a kid was asked these questions. I agree that people seem to think its acceptable to talk that way to a skinny person, yet very few would be game to say anything along the same lines to an obese/morbidly obese person (except a kid, and we can forgive them for their innocence).
      When i was pregnant i had boobs, loved it! soon as my girl was born and i was back in my tight jeans again, the boobs were gone as well. Ive since learnt to live with what ive got, thinking of it along the lines of well i wont have them down to my knees in a few years, and at least i dont get back problems like some of my friends have had.
      Btw, sometimes, still get asked for ID, they look me up and down, and decide i CANT be 18 coz i dont have big enough boobs (dont you love when they dont even hide the stares). Oh yea, im almost 30 too… shitty lol.

• WatchYourCalories says:

10:01am | 31/08/10

To start with I think that your weight is very normal blah blah blah.. now .. It’s funny how you think you are serious about dropping weight .. 4 times a week for what a max of 5 hours ? I would also bet you eat a “proper” dinner and ingesting food at the wrong time ie not much in the morning/lunch and then more than 50% of your calorie intake in the late afternoon / evening . I ride 12 - 16 hours a week (around 300 - 400 kms) and still am on a strictly controlled calorie intake. The reason you can’t do it is that you either just don’t realise what it takes to drop the weight or you are one of those ones sitting at the caf with a latte wondering why you can’t when you have 700 kilojoules right in front of you. I call your type boost girls .. you know the ones who stand at boost just so you con yourself into thinking you are trying.

• Kris says:

11:00pm | 16/09/10

Honestly I have been stuck in societies idea of a perfect body now for a number of years, a few years ago I suffered from quite a sever case of anorexia nervosa. Sadly this lead to a failing in health, hospital treatment and psychiatric care. Now I am 170cm 68 kilos (with a large muscle mass)  size 10-12 and attend the gym 3 times a week for about an hour of cardio as well as eating plenty of greens, carbs and lean meat (with an occasional pizza night). Yet sadly the diet craze and societies image of a perfect female and the thought of “I’d be happier if I just lost 5 more kilos” pops into my head; this lie still haunts me to this day.

• Fake Oakleys says:

05:44am | 19/07/12

Hello there! Quick question that’s completely off topic. Do you know how to make your site mobile friendly? My web site looks weird when viewing from my iphone 4. I’m trying to find a theme or plugin that might be able to resolve this problem. If you have any suggestions, please share. Appreciate it!