10 things women can do while dreaming of equal pay
Today rallies for Equal Pay will be held around Australia and all working women are being asked to down tools for ten minutes in support of the protest.
Why ten minutes? Well women earn on average 18 per cent less than men so ten minutes is the amount of time women work for free every hour.
The big question is what would we do with those extra ten minutes? After extensive consultation with women workers, here are ten ideas for those wanting to join our protest today.
1. Gather all the ladies at work together for some cake. Any excuse for cake right?
2. Anonymously send your boss examples of better paying but equivalent jobs found on SEEK .
3. Buy a scratchie forget 18% extra, why not try for a lifetime’s earnings?
4. Pop the bonnet of the nearest car and lean on it, muttering something about dip sticks.
5. Bring back the Bex, a cuppa and a good (if short) lie down. You know you want to.
6. Phone your mother from work. She¹ll love it and there¹s only ten minutes to spare so you have the perfect excuse to keep it short.
7. Go through all those group emails piling up in your inbox and forward the most annoying one on. It’s time for revenge.
8. Do ten minutes of star jumps it’s great for your metabolism (especially post-cake) and no doubt your co-workers will welcome the entertainment.
9. Send a Pay Up (http://www.payup.org.au) E-kiss to Julia Gillard, it’s certain she will appreciate the love.
10. Do whatever it took the blokes an hour to do.
Read all about it
Up to the minute Twitter chatter
The latest and greatest
Good morning Punchers. After four years of excellent fun and great conversation, this is the final post…
I have had some close calls, one that involved what looked to me like an AK47 pointed my way, followed…
In a world in which there are still people who subscribe to the vile notion that certain victims of sexual…